SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Airports across the country are experiencing major delays Friday due to a nationwide issue with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection computer system.
Travelers at San Francisco International Airport sent KRON4 photos of extremely long lines in the Customs and Border Protection area.
SFO explained that there is a nationwide computer system issue with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
All of the systems are reportedly offline, causing a huge disruption with travel.
Currently, everything is being done by hand at SFO.
Hundreds of people — from infants to the elderly — have been waiting in line for much longer than usual.
No further details have been reported.
Check back for updates.
- Costco to pay $16/hour, more than Walmart, Amazon and Target
- Erath receives $2.2 million in federal funds for flood elevation projects
- Gov. Edwards set to hold briefing on winter storm recovery, COVID-19 response
- UPDATE: Eunice man arrested for attempted second-degree murder was out on bond for unrelated murder charge
- Louisiana Department of Health confirms one additional death related to winter storm; bringing total to 6