BATON ROUGE, La. — On Tuesday, Gov. John Bel Edwards signed a proclamation that pushes Louisiana’s upcoming elections back by three weeks due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Presidential Preference Primary election has been rescheduled from June 20 to July 11. The municipal general election scheduled for July 25 has been moved to August 15.
To read the full proclamation, click here.
- LSU bats batter ULL late, 11-2
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- LSU Football announces Spring Game, other notable dates
- Tom Vilsack confirmed as agriculture secretary again
- GOP lawmakers: Schools can reopen with no additional funds from Congress