TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- FEMA shares Hurricane Laura recovery statistics after 6 months
- Official: Biden and Democrats agree on tighter income limits for stimulus checks
- BREAKING: Vermilion Parish deputy shot in Abbeville
- Walmart announces goal to invest $350 billion in future of U.S. manufacturing
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment