(WATE) — The Consumer Product Safety Commission is warning people to stop using a specific kind of bassinet.
The Sumr Brands (formerly Summer Infant) “SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper” is a product, the CPSC says, that puts infants at risk of suffocation.
However, they’re not aware of any incidents or deaths.
Officials with the sleeper’s maker, Sumr Brands, say the bassinet hasn’t been produced in more than a year and is no longer being sold at major retailers.
It’s also important to note that the “SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper” is not currently on recall by the CPSC.
Sumr Brands saying it has significant design differences from other inclined sleepers.
- Nearly 4 million Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses head out across US
- Reese’s unveils peanut butter cups – without the best ingredient!
- Texas lawmakers concerned about COVID-19 risk as migrants gain entry to the US
- Lady Wildcats seventh inning rally falls just short vs. McMurry
- LC Wildcats battle strong but drop two to #18 ETBU