BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The hazmat team with the Baton Rouge Fire Department is stressing the importance of portable generator use.
Nearly half the deaths from Hurricane Laura are because of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator.
Deon Guillory talked to Hazmat Officer Robby Lamber with the Baton Rouge Fire Department about the do’s and don’ts of using a portable generator, the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and the three things you should do that could save your family from a silent killer.
- Wife of missing crew member files multimillion-dollar lawsuit
- Speed Round: LSU’s Sam Burns in Round 1 at Zurich Classic
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill
- Biden aims to slow climate change, grow jobs with new initiative
- No. 15 LSU Softball Ends Road Swing at Kentucky