BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Louisiana State Police is remembering a fallen officer on the day of his death.
Senior Trooper Steven J. Vincent died on August 24, 2015 while trying to help a vehicle that was stuck in a ditch.
Vincent was shot on August 23 and passed away at the age of 44.
At the time of the trooper’s death, Vincent “had served for 11 years, 8 months and 16 days,” according to the Louisiana State Police.
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval
- Spring break canceled across the country for thousands of college students
- See inside this incredible 1940’s-era Art Deco home that just hit the market
- Football coach Les Miles placed on leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead