BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement honored nine officers who died while in the line of duty in 2021 on Thursday.
Officers honored in the ceremony:
- Stephen Christopher Arnold (Detective) – Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Austin Spencer Bush (Patrolman) – Houma Police Department
- William Earl Collins, Jr. (Officer) – Doyline Police Department
- Trey Copeland (Officer) – Cotton Valley Police Department
- Charles F. Dotson (Sgt.) – Baton Rouge Police Department
- Adam Gaubert (Master Trooper) – Louisiana State Police
- Randy James Guidry (Officer) – Youngsville Police Department
- Martinus Mitchum (Reserve Deputy Constable) – 2nd City Court of New Orleans Constable’s Office
- Theresa Elizabeth Simon (Sgt.) – Slidell Police Department
The commission said one K-9 will also be honored — K-9 “Ivar” from Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office.
The ceremony took place at Louisiana’s Old State Capitol at 2 p.m.