Whether you are a history buff, an art lover, or both, August is the perfect month to take a trip down to New Orleans as several museums will offer free admission.
Here are the 22 participating museums:
- Ashe Cultural Arts Center
- Back Street Cultural Museum
- Beauregard-Keyes Historic House and Gardens
- Contemporary Arts Center
- Confederate Memorial Hall Museum
- Gallier House
- Hermann-Grima House
- The Historic New Orleans Collection
- Longue Vue House and Gardens
- Louisiana Children’s Museum
- Louisiana State Museum
- Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience
- New Orleans African American Museum
- New Orleans Jazz Museum
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- New Orleans Pharmacy Museum
- Newcomb Art Museum
- Ogden Museum of Southern Art
- Pitot House
- Sazerac House
- Studio Be
- The National World War II Museum
New Orleans Museum Month is a collaboration between museums in the greater New Orleans area and features museums of all sizes. The goal is to offer the public the ability to visit participating museums without a charge.
What you have to do:
All you have to do is pick which museum or museums you would like to visit and sign up as a member. You can do this either by visiting the museum’s website or by clicking here.
Free admission is limited to two people per membership.
New Orleans Museum Month will continue through Aug. 31.