KEMAH, Texas (CW39) If you’re in Kemah, Texas this July 4th weekend and want to see fireworks, there are a few options for the whole family to enjoy.
Star Spangled Sky Fireworks at Kemah Boardwalk
Family fun is always happening on Kemah Boardwalk. This July 4rth will be just as fun for the family. The 4th of July Celebration at Kemah Boardwalk is FREE with a fireworks show over Galveston Bay.
Head there early to enjoy LIVE music and food. Then stick around for fireworks starting at 9:30 p.m. that night. Kemah Boardwalk is located at 215 Kipp Avenue in Kemah.
Fireworks Safety Rules
Know where you can legally shoot fireworks. All local cities ban shooting fireworks within their boundaries. Additionally, fireworks may not be shot within 600 feet of a church, hospital, day care center or school, within 100 feet of a place where flammable liquids or fireworks are stored and may not be thrown from a motor vehicle.
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult present. Never give fireworks to small children—fireworks are not toys!
- Shoot fireworks on level, open ground.
- Do not aim fireworks at buildings or vegetation.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose or a bucket).
- Never try to re-light a “dud” firework. (Wait 15-20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.)
- The shooter should wear eye protection. Never have any part of your body over the firework.
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking them in water and then disposing of them in your trash can.
- Do not put fireworks that are still hot in the trash can and then put them in your garage or against your house. A fire could result.
- Norway puts down Freya the walrus that drew crowds
- Presidential historian: Way Trump obtained, kept classified material is unprecedented
- Police searching for 2 ‘escaped’ kangaroos in Ohio
- Trump calls for return of privileged documents reportedly seized at Mar-a-Lago
- Video captures massive mudslide in California mountains
- Texas man drinks ‘cloudy liquid’ as he’s found guilty of sex crimes, dies after leaving courtroom
- Worried about back-to-school inflation? Latest price data on backpacks, laptops and kids’ clothes offers some relief for parents
- Why Trump’s effort to oust Murkowski could hit hurdles