NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Tucked away in City Park, an adventure course known as the ‘City Park Challenge Course’ is changing how New Orleans views nature.
It was created by Loop NOLA, a small non-profit with a big mission to provide kids with positive, life-changing outdoor experiences.
“It’s something different, it’s not the French Quarter, it’s not Bourbon Street, it’s this. It’s in New Orleans City Park, which is one of the best parks in the whole country,” stated Heather West, Executive Director of Loop NOLA.
The course was originally built as a place for children, but recently it has become a popular spot for adults as well.
“Honestly what’s wonderful is having the adult groups out. The grown-ups get to come have a good time, doing some of the stuff that the kids do, and then it’s kind of fun for a cause because by them coming to do that and have a good time, it helps provide the funding for the kids to come do it later,” says West.
If you want to check out the City Park Challenge course check out their website for specific dates. It costs $35 for adults and $25 for ages 12-17.
- Illinois café rescued from closure after harassment over drag show
- West Monroe man allegedly threatens to shoot himself and his girlfriend with handgun; arrested
- Watch: How LSU Lady Tigers plan to stop Caitlin Clark, Iowa
- Fetterman discharged from Walter Reed after depression treatment, returning to the Senate in April
- This ‘Super Mario’ character is more beloved than Mario and Luigi: survey