EAST BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Louisiana State Police are investigating a deadly crash that happened on Airline Highway on Saturday night.
According to the state police, troopers responded to a fatal crash on U.S. Hwy 61 near Castille Road. They said Daryus Weston, 31, went off the road to the right, striking a culvert and a concrete light pole in his 2007 BMW 328. The reason why Weston went off the road is still under investigation.
Weston was not wearing a seatbelt and died as a result of the crash, according to the police.
Louisiana State Police said wearing a seatbelt is a state law and statistics show that properly wearing a seatbelt reduces the chance of being injured or killed in a crash.
- Ralph Yarl, teen shot after knocking on Kansas City door, walks at brain injury event
- New video shows wild shootout between driver and passenger on North Carolina bus
- Federal Court orders St. Martin Parish School Board to fulfill promises in desegregation settlement
- FWC warns public about young bears
- Baby dies in hot car as parents attend church in Florida: Police