BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The LSU women’s basketball team dominated the Michigan Wolverines during Sunday’s game, with a final score of 66-42. The win means LSU advances to its first Sweet Sixteen appearance in nine years.
The Tigers, led by second-year coach Kim Mulkey, have been back-to-back No. 3 seeds in the NCAA Tournament. This year is Mulkey’s 19th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance as a head coach.
This game marked the last time this season the Tigers will play in the PMAC, according to LSU.
LSU’s next stop is South Carolina for the Sweet Sixteen.
- Rhode Island city gets bus to help house its homeless population
- FBI’s Wray faces contempt vote: How did we get here?
- LSU Dylan Crews, Paul Skenes named finalists for Golden Spikes Award
- Federal prosecutors notify Trump he is target of investigation: reports
- Comedian Pat Cooper, known for ‘Seinfeld’ role and Howard Stern appearances, dies: reports