Voters approved six different amendments in the 2018 mid term elections.
The following amendments were approved:
- Prohibit felons from holding public office within five years of completing a sentence
- Require a unanimous jury verdict in all felony cases for offenses committed on or after Jan. 1, 2019
- Permit political subdivisions to donate public equipment and personnel to other subdivisions
- Remove authority to dedicate Transportation Trust Fund dollars to Louisiana State Police for traffic control purposes
- Extend special property tax treatments to homes in trust
- Require a four-year property tax phase period for homes reappraised by more than 50 percent