A non-profit organization named “Beyond the Badge” hosted their annual award banquet in Baton Rouge where seventeen Police Officers from around the state were selected for the “Heart of Law Enforcement Award.”
The officers were given an award packet that included a $100 Visa gift card and a framed Louisiana state flag that had been flown over the Louisiana State Capitol for a day in his or her honor.
The Service Before Self honorees each received a $500 Visa gift card, in addition to the flag, and all officers received a congratulatory letter from President Donald Trump and an official statement of recognition from Governor John Bel Edwards.
Officers receiving a 2019 Beyond the Badge Heart of Law Enforcement Award were:
- Deputy Salvatore Angilletta –Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Officer Jared Bennett– Pineville Police Department
- Deputy Kasey Boudreaux–Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Officer Julia Courville–Lake Charles Police Department
- Deputy Issac Genova–St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Jennifer Gonzalez–East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Sergeant Paul Harris –Louisiana State Police
- Sergeant Alton Horn –City of Alexandria Police Department
- Deputy Fred Kimble –East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Corporal Chad Landreneau–Lafayette Police Department
- Sergeant David LeBlanc –Lafayette Police Department
- Corporal Heather Martin–Lafayette Police Department
- Major Todd Morris–East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Officer Cody Richard–Lafayette Police Department
- Corporal Ryan Shanahan–Lafayette Police Department
- Investigator Chad Stokes–Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office
- Lieutenant Donald Gail Waddle–Village of Dodson Police Department
Beyond the Badge was incorporated in April of 2016 and is operated entirely by citizen volunteers and funded by corporate and private donations. “We have no paid staff and no office space, so every penny donated to Beyond the Badge goes directly into the project,” Hull said.