JENA, La. — Early this morning, a school bus for the LaSalle Parish School System caught fire and has been declared a total loss. Thankfully, no students had been picked up before the bus went up in flames.
According to a Facebook post by The Jena Times, instruments on the bus started showing abnormal readings and then shortly after flames could be seen coming from the bus.
The driver, Kaye Huffman, pulled the bus over across from Nebo Elementary School and called the fire department.
According to the LPSB Transportation Supervisor Glen Joiner, the bus was just over a year old.
- Terry Bradshaw considers Super Bowl ‘very easy to do,’ won’t approach it differently
- Trailblazing 49ers assistant has roots in Chiefs Kingdom
- Troubles mount for Shreveport man charged with murder
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team