The Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control (ATC) Commissioner Troy Hebert has fired Brette Tingle, a veteran enforcement agent supervisor, after learning of threatening, racial, and sexual text messages found on a state-issued cell phone and falsification of payroll documents, stemming from GPS reports on his state vehicle.
A forensic examination of Brette Tingle’s state-issued cell phone revealed some very disturbing and alarming text messages between him and several former ATC employees. The following are a few examples:
• Former ATC employee: “I hate fu**ing ni**ers!!!”
• Brette Tingle: “Me too!!!”
• Brette Tingle: “Scourge of the earth!!!”
Discussing the resignation of an agent of Middle Eastern descent:
• Former ATC Agent: “Where is he going?”
• Brette Tingle: “Not in law enforcement. Said something spiritual. Probably joining the Jihad.”
• Former ATC Agent: “Yikes. Maybe he’ll suicide bomb maniac’s (Commissioner Hebert’s) office”
• Brette Tingle: “I’m hoping!!!”
When a former ATC Agent under his command requested sick leave because of her pregnancy, Tingle responded:
• Brette Tingle: “Get […] to perform some oral stimulation on you. That always helps […] on a rainy day!…”
• Brette Tingle: “I feel you! If I had something attached to my uterus I would pass as well.”
Tingle also referred to two African American agents as a “fu**ing loser” and a “stupid bit**.”
Numerous GPS reports were reviewed from Brette Tingle’s ATC vehicle and several time discrepancies were discovered. He claimed time for working on 37 days out of 55. The reports showed that Tingle’s state unit was at his residence while he was claiming that time on his timesheets. Further, his state-issued cell phone showed text messages that proved he was not working while he claimed time.
“This type of behavior will not be tolerated at ATC. It jeopardizes ATC’s creditability, as well as ATC’s ability to serve everyone in the state fairly and impartially,” Commissioner Hebert stated.
“The good people at ATC have worked too hard and have accomplished too much to let the actions of a few tarnish all the good that has been done at this Agency.” Hebert added.
Other reasons cited for Tingle being fired include:
• Failure to Follow Directives;
• Improper Recordation of an ATC Employee;
• Unauthorized Secondary Employment;
• Avoidance of Discipline; and
• Lying to a Supervisor
Certain recently discovered information is being sent to Federal and State Law Enforcement Agencies to determine if any criminal statues were violated.