DELHI, La. — A Delhi man is dead after police say he was hit by a train on Monday.
According to the Delhi Police Department, the accident happened on Monday around 3:30 AM near the intersection of Chatham Street and U.S. Highway 80.
Police say the victim, identified as 57-year-old Will Jiles, was laying on the tracks when the train hit him.
Police are unsure if Jiles was asleep or passed out due to other factors.
The coroner has ruled the case as an accidental death.
- Troubles mount for Shreveport man charged with murder
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- FULL INTERVIEW: LSU OL Damien Lewis 1-on-1 ahead of Reese’s Senior Bowl