ALEXANDRIA, La., Aug. 26, 2020 – Rapides Regional Medical Center, in anticipation of inclement weather, announces the closure of several services and clinic locations. Closures scheduled at this time are listed below.
• Rapides Outpatient Center – Closed Thursday and reopen Friday.
• Rapides Day Surgery – Closed Thursday and reopen Friday.
• Rapides Cancer Center – Closed Thursday and reopen Friday.
• Rapides Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab – Closed Thursday and reopen Friday.
• HP Long Clinics – Closed Thursday and will reopen Friday.
• All Rapides Urgent Care locations – Closed Thursday and will reopen Friday.
• Rapides Women’s and Children’s Hospital Pediatric Specialty Clinic – Closed Thursday.
• Rapides Fitness Center – Will close today at 6 p.m. and reopen Friday morning at the usual time.
Rapides Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Department will remain open. All other hospital entrances will close at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. One visitor will be allowed per patient during storm lockdown, but must be inside the hospital by 5:30 p.m. today. We will reopen campus entrances Thursday as weather permits.
We encourage the community to call 9-1-1 in the event of an emergency.
For up-to-date closures and storm information, please follow our Rapides Regional Medical Center Facebook page
About Rapides Regional Medical Center:
Rapides Regional Medical Center is a 380-bed acute care hospital located in Alexandria, La., providing healthcare on a higher level for families in approximately 16 central Louisiana parishes. Our mission is to provide high quality, efficient and compassionate health care services for our patients and community through the efforts of our employees, physicians and volunteers.
Rapides Regional Medical Center has provided state-of-the-art, comprehensive medical services to our community for more than 115 years. Our campus is home to Rapides Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Rapides Cancer Center, Rapides Outpatient Center, Rapides Regional Trauma Center, 51-bed emergency department, NICU, PICU and ICU. Read about these services and more at rapidesregional.com.