BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UAB Medicine shared some positive news about a COVID-19 patient who officially entered the recovery stages of the virus.
Bill Chambers, the first COVID-19 positive patient who has been discharged since the crisis started, just ended his 22-day stay at UAB Medicine.
The medical staff at UAB had to celebrate.
“Bill, we wish you well in your continued recovery,” UAB Medicine stated in a Facebook post. “Thank you to this team, and all our staff who work so hard every day to provide the best care for all our patients!”
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval
- Spring break canceled across the country for thousands of college students
- See inside this incredible 1940’s-era Art Deco home that just hit the market
- Football coach Les Miles placed on leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead