BELLAIRE, Ohio (WTRF) “It’s a rite of passage–but this year the kids came home with more than sand in their shorts–they got COVID 19,” said Bellaire Schools Superintendent Darren Jenkins.
He said the numbers are unclear, and it was a diverse group.
“There were graduating seniors from our district and Shadyside and other places.” said Jenkins.
“There were underclassmen, and there were those who had graduated several years ago.”
So Bellaire has suspended all extracurricular activities for the time being, and has closed the buildings to everyone.
He says the schools will be deep cleaned and sanitized, and activities will only be resumed when everyone is out of quarantine.
- Ending qualified immunity a sticking point for GOP on police reform
- US House passes No Ban Act to prevent future travel bans
- ‘Today we did it’: Biden celebrates 200-million-doses of COVID-19 vaccine in his first 100 days
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say
- Walmart, Sam’s Club and Feeding America support families in Louisiana