KENNER, La. (WGNO) — A pound of meth was discovered inside a container of seafood boil at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, according to officials with the Transportation Security Administration.
TSA officials said officers found the meth placed in a gallon bag wrapped in painters’ tape inside a jar of seafood seasoning someone tried to bring through security.
They said the container appeared to have the factory-sealed paper re-glued to the jar.
TSA posted on Instagram, “It’s never a well-seasoned plan to tuck away a pound of meth anywhere, let alone in your zesty cookout powder.”
TSA officials said their officers don’t search for illegal drugs, but if they’re found, they must refer the matter to law enforcement.
They said the passenger in this case was arrested and faces federal charges.
- Union Parish man shot in the back and killed during argument; 3 suspects arrested
- ‘Home Alone,’ ‘Seinfeld’ actor diagnosed with cancer, family says
- ‘Something wasn’t right’: Lawyers say 11-year-old girl accused of murder is not guilty
- What to watch in the battle over Trump’s trial calendar
- Michigan businesses may have sold rabid skunks, state warns