BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Deputies responded to a standoff on Gardere Lane Thursday afternoon.
The East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office said the incident started after a shot was fired by a suspect at a bail bondsman in the 500 block of Gardere Lane. The suspect refused to come out of the home for hours.
Deputies set up a perimeter and took steps to bring the individual out of the home. As of 6:55 p.m., the suspect was out of the residence and in custody.
BRProud will continue to monitor the situation and update readers as authorities provide additional information.
- Doctors turning to temp work, but is it good for patients?
- Oregon man boobytrapped house with rolling hot tub, rigged wheelchair that fired shotgun at FBI technician, officials say
- When will Chick-fil-A’s peach milkshake return?
- Trump indictment: What happens next with case, campaign plans
- Baton Rouge attorney Gwen Collins-Greenup announces run for secretary of state