BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Department of Public Safety officers are investigating a reported disturbance at the Louisiana State Capitol.
DPS officers are investigating a disturbance that reportedly happened Tuesday, and they are in the early stages of getting information, according to Louisiana State Police.
A spokesperson from the Legislative Communications Office said Speaker Clay Schexnayder released a statement about the altercation. “Since this incident involved legislative staff, it is considered a human resources issue and is being investigated. If necessary, appropriate action will be taken.”
This is an ongoing investigation.
We will update this story as more information becomes available about what happened and who was involved.
- How to make DIY air purifiers that filter out wildfire smoke
- What to know about Trump’s latest indictment and what’s next
- What to watch as Trump, DeSantis, Pence speak at North Carolina GOP convention
- Republicans buckle down for what could be marathon blockade
- Trump immediately fundraises after saying he was indicted in documents probe